Friday 28th – Monday 31st August 2020.
Cost £90. Concessions available.
This event will be a relaxed visit to Plants for a Future. It will include
- A comprehensive guided tour of the Land looking at many of the useful plants, and tasting them where appropriate
- Learn-by-doing sessions, where you will help with work on the land and learn more about the useful and less useful plants (i.e. weeds – which still have their uses!) in the process
- Optional outdoor yoga
- A walk down to the local creek where people can learn about some of the local wild foods, and also have a swim if they wish
- Sitting round a fire one evening to share stories, songs, poems, etc.
Most of the meals will be communally prepared, and people will take turns to help prepare food. Breakfast will be self service.
We will provide fruit and perennial greens from the Land, and basic wholefood including oats, rice, lentils, buckwheat, soya flour, soya milk and oil. You are welcome to also bring a contribution of food if you wish, or if you require anything fancy. VEGAN FOOD ONLY, please.
People also have the option of staying on longer if they wish, either
- as a wild camping holiday, with minimal input from me, at £10 per person per night. There are many beautiful places to explore in the area – woodlands with tidal creeks, coastal paths, beaches, etc. (You will need to bring and prepare your own food.)
- or as a volunteer, and work with me, free of charge. (See info about volunteering for more details.)
- or some hybrid between the two.
Please note that, despite ongoing improvements, facilities on the Land are still quite basic. We have a shed with electric lights, electric cooker, internet, a nice clean carpeted area, and a sink; but we have no showers. (You can use the cold water hose in the polytunnel, or go for a swim in the nearby creek.) We have a compost toilet (but no flush toilet).
What to bring:
- Your own tent and bedding
- Comfortable clothing
- Waterproof clothing
- Wellington boots/walking boots
- Sun hat
- A good torch
- Notepad and pen or pencil
- Swimming costume and towel
- Yoga mat (though a camping mat will do)
Please arrive after 3pm on Friday 28 August 2020. (Earlier arrivals by prior arrangement only.)
Finish after lunch on Monday 31 August 2020